Summary, Episode 2:
In this episode we have student Q & A. Ben from Virginia asks… “How do you maintain a repertoire of several fingerstyle guitar pieces and also learn new tunes, arrangements and concepts?”
I have 8 points that I mention in this episode, so here is a quick review.
8 points to help you remember old pieces and learn new ones as well:
- (2:52) Consider finding a small background music gig – coffee shop maybe?
- (4:55) Surprise! I don’t remember all my arrangements
- (5:58) Don’t let 1/2 baked arrangements kick around
- (6:38) Delegate to Youtube
- (7:33) How do I keep my old tunes alive?
- (8:39) Regarding creativity
- (9:24) Regarding musicianship & studying theory
- (11:09) Practice using old tune / new tune method.
- Ask me a question for the podcast HERE – adamrafferty.com/ask
- This lesson, called “Improve Your Groove” with full walkthrough and mp3 play alongs is available on studywithadam.com (free 14 day trial – enjoy!)
As soon as I have an itunes subscription link, it will appear here, please standby.