Summary Episode 23:
Muriel Anderson is one of the more multi-dimensional guitarists on the scene today. She plays primarily nylon string but also plays a 20-string harp guitar in her concerts, frequently accompanied by a backdrop of visuals by photo-artist Bryan Allen. Her current program includes a virtual re-enactment of the solar eclipse, with music and images from around the world.
She is host of the renowned Muriel Anderson’s ALL STAR GUITAR NIGHT and is the first woman to have won the National Fingerstyle Guitar Championship and has performed/recorded with Chet Atkins, Les Paul, and Victor Wooten among others.
She is currently working on a music and cookbook project, and is dedicating this year to working more on behalf of the charity she founded, The Music for Life Alliance, to support music education for kids.
- 01:35 Welcome Muriel!
- 02:21 Muriel talks about her new project – A cookbook with music to go with each recipe
- 04:32 Early Inspirations – Doc Watson, Muriel’s Family and moving to Nashville
- 11:45 More Influences. Paul Winter, Pat Metheny and studying classical music
- 18:00 Muriel’s Charity facility the “Music for Life Alliance”
- 21:50 Muriel Anderson’s All Star Guitar Night
- 26:02 Music – Muriel plays her composition “A Bakers Dozen”
- 28:51 CD Projects – “Eclipse” and “Nightlight/Daylight”
- 32:40 The Harp Guitar and travelling with it
- 36:38 Muriel and Adam geek out about various types of guitars
- 40:35 Online Teaching – truefire.com and picking techniques
- 49:28 Murial talks about her future ideas – traveling to europe
- 51:55 A Muriel Anderson Live Concert experience – Visual Concepts
- 53:30 Muriel Shows the Visual Effekt on her physical CD “Nightlight/Daylight”
- 54:19 Ending credits & podcast contact info
- 57:09 Music – Muriel plays her composition “Nightlights”