Summary, Episode 2:
In this episode we have student Q & A. Ben from Virginia asks… “How do you maintain a repertoire of several fingerstyle guitar pieces and also learn new tunes, arrangements and concepts?”
I have 8 points that I mention in this episode, so here is a quick review.
8 points to help you remember old pieces and learn new ones as well:
- (2:52) Consider finding a small background music gig – coffee shop maybe?
- (4:55) Surprise! I don’t remember all my arrangements
- (5:58) Don’t let 1/2 baked arrangements kick around
- (6:38) Delegate to Youtube
- (7:33) How do I keep my old tunes alive?
- (8:39) Regarding creativity
- (9:24) Regarding musicianship & studying theory
- (11:09) Practice using old tune / new tune method.
About the Podcast
- Ask me a question for the podcast Q & A episodes HERE - adamrafferty.com/ask
- Learn my solo arrangements and get private video guitar coaching & feedback from me studywithadam.com
- Like, join friend us on the Facebook podcast page https://www.facebook.com/fingerstyleguitarhangout/