Summary Episode 1:
Welcome to the new Fingerstyle Guitar Hangout Podcast, Episode 1.
In this very first episode we have student Q & A. Gary from New Zealand asks… “How will practicing triplet based rhythms like 6/8 make my straight 4/4 time better for fingerstyle guitar?”
One of the most important aspects of guitar playing is rhythm. Many players struggle with groove, so here are some ideas for you.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
In this particular episode you will learn:
- Where I learned this information
- How to work on your rhythm with a hand drum
- Body rhythm vs head rhythm
- Improving your touch and tone as well as time
- The concept of additive rhythm – “Bo Diddley beat” vs typical 16th notes
- Here is the Remo Kid’s Djembe I practice grooves on
About the Podcast
- Ask me a question for the podcast Q & A episodes HERE - adamrafferty.com/ask
- Like, join friend us on the Facebook podcast page
- Check out the complete episode playlist here