Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:12:02 — 82.8MB) | Embed
For iTunes and Spotify click "More" Stitcher | RSS | More
Summary, Episode 4:
In this episdode you will hear a personal interview with guitarist and composer Al Petteway.
FGH-0004: Interview With Al Petteway – Grammy & Indie Award Winning Fingerstyle Guitarist and Composer
In this episode of the Fingerstyle Guitar Hangout Podcast, Al Petteway gives his thoughts and insights on:
- His wide array musical influences starting with Chet Atkins and the Beatles.
- His upright bass studies in college, and how it influences his guitar playing.
- His approach to solo guitar arranging, separation of parts, and technique.
- His appreciation for melodic bass players like Jaco Pastorius and Paul McCartney.
- The story behind his new CD, “The Collectors Passion”, recorded on just an iPad and an inexpensive Roland interface.
- His experiences of playing with other musicians who pushed him to new heights.
- Thoughts on recording sessions, relaxation, mindset and spontaneity.
- His personal journey with aging, arthritis and continuing playing.
- Al’s personal top 3 take-away tips for guitarists who want to improve dramatically.
- Closing track “Sligo Creek” from Al’s new CD “The Collectors Passion”
- You can find Al Petteway’s Website online at https://www.alandamy.com/al.html
Leave a Reply