Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:31 — 74.2MB) | Embed
For iTunes and Spotify click "More" Stitcher | RSS | More
Summary, Episode 11:
FGH-0011: Interview with Emil Ernebro – Country, Jazz, & Fingerstyle Guitar Powerhouse from Sweden
Emil Ernebro is one of the leading fingerstyle guitar players today – offering a virtuosic blend of country, jazz and fingerstyle guitar.
In this episode of the Fingerstyle Guitar Hangout Podcast, we chat about his early influences, current projects, his online teaching projects and his new duo EP “The Strawberry Sessions.”
(Time stamps is for audio version of the podcast.)
- 2:23 Welcome Emil!
- 3:30 Emil’s earliest inspirations & lessons
- 5:22 His Rock & Blues Influence
- 7:02 Playing with bands as a teenager
- 8:11 The Steve Morse & Influence
- 15:04 Emil’s experience with classical guitar
- 16:46 Discovering Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel
- 18:26 How his teacher recommended “Musician’s Institute” in Hollywood, CA
- 21:25 Emil asks me about my college experience and interviews me
- 27:33 Emil talks about his duo project
- 30:52 Music track from the “Strawberry Sessions” EP called “Blues for Georg”
- 33:54 About his duo with a harmonica player Philip
- 34:17 Duo with wife & vocalist Zandra and how they got invited to Nashville
- 35:55 Zandra’s reaction to great fingerstyle guitar players 🙂
- 40:27 What is Emil musically exploring now?
- 42:50 Emil’s and I discuss online teaching & his work at https://www.proguitar.com
- 53:25 Emil’s best advice to aspiring musicians & guitar players
- 1:01:22 Music Track “Emigrant Visa” – Emil Ernebro Solo Guitar (video below)
- Website: https://www.emilernebro.com/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/loveforsteelstrings/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emil.ernebro/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/emilernebroguitar/
- ProGuitar: https://www.proguitar.com/
Emil always has a great, joyous energy about him. I love watching him play. Great interview too!
Neil, yes – you nailed it. Great energy! Thanks for the comment, and I am glad you enjoyed this episode. AR
Greg Battle says
I wanna hear you two play together. I love Emil’s feel. Keep up the great podcast work my brother.
Graham Lawrence says
Thanks for another great interview, Adam, and for bringing Emil to my attention. I don’t know how the hell you fit it all in! Just keep going, Emil summed up what your inspiration etc means to us out here in wannabe pseudo-competent fingerstyle land!
Måns Mårtensson says
Oh, man I guess I must be the most frustrated finger picker in Europe before hearing this podcast.
I wanted to attend the boot camp in Sweden and tried to get a seat three months ago, when I learned about it – but all seats were taken.
Magnus from DalaGuitar did put me at the top of the waiting list – and I waited until a couple of weeks before the camp before I gave up – or just forgot about it….
One week after the boot camp had taken place I discovered that I missed an email from Magnus where he offered me and six others a spare seat. I was at the top of the list…..
I missed it and I am so darn tired of it 🙁
On the other hand this podcast is very helpful in my agony – because two fantastic musicians with such passion for their craft and music, share their thoughts on things for all of us to enjoy – and its so obvious that they have tremendous admiration and respect for each other.
They could spend hours in privacy sharing ideas and playing music, not needing any feedback from the public at all (They probably already have at the boot camp at the Siljan Lake in Sweden 😉 ).
Emil and Adam, Thank you so much for being so immensely (talented) and generous enough to share this wonderful talk about your music and careers – I believe that it is the same kind of generosity that make you play music for all of us to enjoy in the first place – so thank you very much for every bit of music and thoughts about music and business that you share with the world.
Please keep on doing what you love – it is very inspiring.
I loved this podcast – and I am feeling much better even if I missed the boot camp this year.
Please tell when you will get together and do a boot camp again. (Near Denmark where I live)
Mans – hey man, oh sorry you missed it. Stay tuned, more podcasts are coming! AR