In this guitar lesson, I will show you how to solo over “Autumn Leaves” with blues and pentatonic scales!
Ok, I admit it…I don’t actually play a “blues scale”—in fact, I don’t even know what one is.
I just slip, slide and bend a few notes in and out of the pentatonic scale until it gets the right “flavor” and sounds bluesy 🙂
If you are a blues-based guitar player and you get freaked out by trying to solo over jazz guitar chord changes – this will help you get started!
- 1:11 How I discovered this!
- 2:26 II V I in G Major – chord voicings
- 3:24 Horizontal vs Vertical Soloing
- 3:50 What is a key?
- 4:14 The G Major Pentatonic Scale
- 5:45 Example solo over II V I in G
- 6:35 The E Minor Pentatonic
- 7:14 ii V i in E Minor – chord voicings
- 8:09 Example solo over ii V i in E Minor
- 9:03 Using Blues & Pentatonics on “Autumn Leaves”
- 9:54 Example solo over “Autumn Leaves”
Learn fingerstyle guitar from a world-class guitarist and teacher. Let Adam guide you and show you exactly how to improve your guitar skills. Grab the rarest opportunity to Study With Adam FREE for 14 days, right now!
Want more videos like this?
Then Click the BUTTON below to subscribe to my YouTube channel